On account of the spreading of SARS-CoV-2, temporarily several procedures are changing at the University of Debrecen that regard university citizens. This also applies to DEMEK (University of Debrecen Mental Health Center).
We await your applications on the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write some details in short about your difficulties, so that we can provide adequate help. Following your e-mail, a trained professional will answer in less than 3 days. After that, if needed, further online counselling is available.
If you have severe and urgent problems (e.g. suicidal thoughts or urge, hallucinations), please call an ambulance (112), or visit the ER.
Service description – DEMEK Mental Health Counselling for International Students
As a student of the University of Debrecen you have the possibility to receive mental health support that is provided by mental health professionals at the University’s Mental Health Centre.
Our service includes 1+4 sessions. The very first meeting is for the definition of the problem why you are searching for help and for introduction. After that, 4 sessions are dedicated to deal with the defined problem itself. We can give support in the following topics: family and relationship problems, conflictual situations, adaptation difficulties in new situations.
According to the profession’s ethical standard, any information shared by both participants is confidential, which means that no information will be released without your consent.
There are special situations, in which confidentiality cannot be held in favor of your and/or other people’s safety. These include:
- Clear evidence of imminent danger of harm to self and/or others. In this case we are obliged to inform the authorities responsible for ensuring safety (e.g. ambulance).
- We are working as a team, which means that your counselor may consult with another professional from the team for professional purposes and regarding the student, anonymously.
- Our service is financed by the University, which means, it is free of charge for students.
- Appointment Accountability: Please arrive on time for your appointment! In case you cannot attend, please inform your counsellor as far in advance as possible. Missed appointments without cancelling or not showing up for the session reduces our capacity to provide help to you and other students. After a cancelled appointment or no-show, you are responsible for scheduling your next appointment.
- Office hours: only by appointment!
CONTACT INFORMATION AND APPOINTMENT
Pintér – Eszenyei Zsuzsanna
clinical psychologist, coordinator