At the Department of Urology patient care is available in all branches of urology and at a high European standard.
This includes numerous special forms of care, which are not available elsewhere or are available only at a few places.
Special areas of expertise in urology
- 3D laparoscopic surgical care used not only in simple surgical procedures and developmental disorders but in the radical surgical treatment of cancer as well (e.g.: prostate cancer, kidney cancer, bladder cancer). After the removal of the bladder we use all modern types of urinary diversion (urostomy, rectum-sigma pouch).
- Urinary incontinence surgery: For women, sling and mesh implants and laparoscopy are available depending on the type and severity of incontinence. For men anti-incontinence surgeries have been performed, including the implantation of artificial sphincter.
- Andrology microsurgical operations are performed for the treatment of male infertility and penile implants are used for the treatment of impotence.
- We perform urethroplasty using oral mucosa for the successful treatment of multiple or returning bladder obstructions affecting a long section.
- Endoscopic, laparoscopic urological care is provided for children due to kidney stones or the narrowing of the renal pelvis in line with modern urological guidelines.
- For the up-to-date treatment of patients with kidney stones we provide Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), percutaneous endoscopic laser lithotripsy and modern ureteroscopy with a flexible tube through the urethra.
- We also perform the removal of large-size renal tumors – tumor thrombi extending towards the heart – in cooperation with cardiac surgeons.